Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application status still In Process for a whole week

ryanmontes
Adventurer C

I was wondering about the application process for a part time ramp agent here in El Paso, TX (ELP). I applied on August 10, 2022 and my status is still at "In Process" with the job posting no longer being on the Careers site for a few weeks now. Is this a good sign or did they hire someone by now?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Application status still In Process for a whole week

SHaRK72
Adventurer C
Solution

In Process is always a good sign. It would say something like "No longer under consideration" if it your application was closed. And a week is not that long. Some have been in process for months. Patience is key when applying at Southwest. Good Luck! 

Re: Application status still In Process for a whole week

ryanmontes
Adventurer C

Thank you so much! Yes, patience is definitely key when applying at Southwest for sure. I'll never forget when I applied for the same position this January, I received an e-mail within two days from Caitlin Holliday to schedule a virtual interview. That was the first time that I'd had such an immediate response from them and the first time I ever interviewed with Southwest. My recruiter was nice enough to keep my resume for a year.

Yes you're so right about people waiting months for a response as well, that's how picky Southwest is. Thank you so much for your feedback!