Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Auto Denied

Davidc2
Explorer C

Hi, I applied for a job and was denied instantly. I believe it was due to an error in my application possibly. May I have the best person to contact regarding seeing what was filled out possibly incorrectly? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Auto Denied

JustBeingCool
Explorer C

Same thing happened to me.  Immediately inconsiderable upon submission of application.  Can you please let me know why?  This would be greatly appreciated as I like what I see with your company and would love to work at Southwest.  It would be helpful to know what I need to work on. Thank you. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

It likely has nothing to do with your   background. Instead, look at things you have to agree to do. Training in some place. Training for a certain duration of time, etc.

Not agreeing to DO something is the most likely reason for an auto denial.

JustBeingCool
Explorer C

I appreciate it I your thoughts and, Thank you for the reply .however, I did agree to all .  I currently live in another state, but I’m willing to relocate to the area.  I use to work in HR and I do not understand this Automatico I am considerable immediately after application really hoping somebody on here from Southwest can take a look at the application and identify the specific problem..

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@JustBeingCool wrote:

I currently live in another state, but I’m willing to relocate to the area.  

This is often the cause of immediate disqualification, some postings do indicate you must live in the state.  While it does occasionally occur, it is extremely unlikely Southwest will reply here with the information you are hoping for.

--TheMiddleSeat

JustBeingCool
Explorer C

Thank you for the info.  Any thoughts on who/where I can get an answer?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@JustBeingCool read the job posting thoroughly, looking for any specific requirements such as location and reapply if you meet all requirements.

--TheMiddleSeat

AirportLuv
Explorer C

It depends on the recruiter. I applied to be a ramper at MDW while I was living in Portland, OR. I still got an interview and got hired.