Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CS&S equipment and internet

tania89
Explorer C

Hi! I just got scheduled for the January class and I'm super excited to start this new journey.

I am however wondering if equipment will be provided for the remote position and also I remember being told by one of my recruiters that I need a wired internet service an that I would be provided with a $75 amount to help cover my internet cost, is this true or was i misinformed? thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: CS&S equipment and internet

Mrsbrooks31
Adventurer C

I was told the same thing, so I believe it true and if you don’t mind me asking how long it took your background check and drug test to come back.

NanaHamid
Explorer B

Hey there! So did you find out about the equipment and internet info? Did you have to get a wired internet service? Does this mean you cannot pick up your computer and work from somewhere else if you needed to? Any info would be great! 

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hey, @NanaHamid

There is not currently a requirement for Customer Representatives in CS&S to have a wired internet connection. internet download speed must be at least 50 Mbp/s and upload speed at least 5 Mbp/s, which may be through a wireless connection. 

NanaHamid
Explorer B

Hey you thank you for the super quick reply. I have another question. Does SWA come to your home to set up some sort of cyber security or is that something already established internally in their online worker platform? Also if I wanted to go to my moms house and work from there am I able to?

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi again! 

All security has been and would be set up internally! We've got an incredible Cybersecurity Team that has that all taken care of. 

As far as working in a location other than your home, that would be a conversation best has with your Team Leader! Each situation is unique! 

NanaHamid
Explorer B

You are amazing! Thank you for all the helpful information. It's so wonderful to know how much opportunity SWA provides. The sky is the limit!