Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Customer Relations Direct Contact (3 months and counting)

davemark522
Explorer B

After 3 months of communication with numerous customer service representatives, one was kind enough to recommend this forum to find a good way to reach out to see about a way to get in touch with the Customer Relations department directly.

What I have learned: the Customer Service department is SEPARATE from the Customer Relations department. There is no direct way to contact the Customer Relations department with a problem, only through the 'Email Us' button on Southwest.com is the quickest way to receive any type of response to a complaint. However, there have been 3 different responses by 3 different Customer Relations representatives with incorrect information and no explanation to address my complaint or inquiry with an appropriate answer.

I have asked repeatedly for a direct phone call - I was finally told this forum might help in getting my eyes to address my problem. I will continue to post in the forum until I hear from someone (I hope.)

David C.

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Customer Relations Direct Contact (3 months and counting)

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As you said, there is no longer a direct phone number for the customer relations group.  Depending on what the issue is, there may be several different ways to get it addressed such as writing, calling, using social media, etc.  Do you want to provide a few words as to what the problem is so perhaps that could factor in as to what method of communication is best?

--TheMiddleSeat

davemark522
Explorer B

My case has been mishandled for 3 months by Customer Relations as to my qualifying A-List status this year. Because of this, I have a long list of case numbers and information not being thoroughly looked through and addressed correctly.

I will not accept a resolution until I can speak with someone over the PHONE, not through emails which have been mistaken and incorrect with information in regards to mixed up names, case and claim numbers, etc.

David C.

dfwskier
Aviator A

David, your complaint will NOT be resolved here. This is a customer to customer forum. Advice is given here - that's it.

You haven't told us enough about your issue for me to give advice.

davemark522
Explorer B

I understand this is a customer-to-customer forum; my hope is that a Southwest Employee will notice the activity and be able to reach out to help with my problem. That being said, the details to my problem can only be addressed and handled by the Customer Relations Department.

In that, I'm asking for advice for the best way for Customer Relations to contact a customer directly in regards to a complaint that has to not come to resolution nor contact provided as requested.

David C.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I understand you have not been pleased with the responses you have received thus far, but limiting yourself to just a phone call seems like you're just making your chances of getting a resolution even less likely. My suggestion would be to keep trying via written message or, as suggested earlier, use messages on Twitter or Facebook DMs to request someone contact you. If going the social media route just saying you'd like to further discuss case #xxx with someone and feel like a phone call would be the easiest route to do so might be a good approach. The good old fashioned postal letter also seems to be a good way to get someone's attention. 

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you are going to be this persistent, are you certain you are in the right? There was a lot of confusion about qualifying for A-List at the end of last year. If your issue is related to that I would certainly make 100% sure you understood the adjustments that were made. Good luck to you

--TheMiddleSeat

davemark522
Explorer B

@TheMiddleSeat Thank you for suggesting the social media route and Twitter. After having a 45min talk with a SWA Customer Service Representative last night, she has suggested the same as the better way to get eyes on my request for a phone call. I may have to result in the post office as well, sad as it is to think snail mail would be the fastest way to get an actual response.

Don't take this the wrong way, but with this amount of persistence, wouldn't I have all the more reason to have a thoughtful explanation given in a timely manner? I also have 4 representatives on record verifying the status to be accurate, but only Customer Relations can solve this problem. I would be more than happy to go over it with you in detail as well if you have the ability to see flights and counts. I am 100% certain and sure.

David C.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@davemark522 as reminder of an earlier post, no one that has replied in this thread works for Southwest so no one here can see anything related to your account or assist you with the actual problem, we can only provide suggestions for how to resolve it.  I hope some of the info you've been given has been helpful and you can find resolution sooner than later.  I did flag your earlier post to see if someone behind the scenes can edit out your RR number as it appears you do not have the edit privileges I incorrectly thought all users had.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

For your protection I would remove your RR number since this is a public forum 

now with reaching out to SW I would try Twitter and if you want the phone call just tell them that nicely and hopefully in the next couple weeks they can call to discuss. Unfortunately they are still working though cases from the December madness (I’m sure one user will probably come on here and call it the holiday disaster when it has nothing to do with your case)

you could also email and request a phone call but again that’s another case number to complicate things. 

davemark522
Explorer B

Thank you for this advice @bec102896 , I will abruptly stop providing this information.

Twitter is a good suggestion, and it may be the next possible forum to have my issue addressed in a timely manner. Thank for the tip in this information.

Unfortunately, I believe I need a direct phone call to handle this situation and can only wait for a Customer Relations to call at any time, any day within their time frame.

@cheyenneallgood  - I saw this you were able to close a discussion forum in another place on this website. Since I have provided too much information with my RR# insecurely, I would like this discussion to be closed and wiped and I will create a new discussion post with more discretion, can this be done?

David C.