Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

HELP ME ! Hiring Process Ramp Agent? I Accepted CJO but I got another Job?

JLOVE11
Explorer C

Hello:

I am confused. Please help. I interviewed for a Ramp Agent Job at Chicago MDW Airport and I was given a CJO immediately after my interview.  I completed the task, but I have not been given the 3 Emails about Background Check, Fingerprinting etc..

I had also been applying for other jobs, and I have received another job with a different company.  

Although I wanted to work for Southwest, I the process will take a long time.  

What should I Do ?  Can I tell Southwest I will not accept the Job Offer?  Will it hurt my chances to get hired in the Future ?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: HELP ME ! Hiring Process Ramp Agent? I Accepted CJO but I got another Job?

SHaRK72
Adventurer C

You can always accept the job offer at the company you received the job offer from and still stay in process with Southwest. 

When you do receive the emails from Southwest for the background checks & drug testing, complete them. After they are completed and received back at Southwest, you will then receive a final offer.   You do not have to accept the final offer if you don't want to. This will give you more time to contemplate your decision.

I believe however that you have to wait another year before you reapply (not totally sure of the time frame). 

You need to consider what is best for you. Best of luck to you and congratulations on your job offer. 

Re: HELP ME ! Hiring Process Ramp Agent? I Accepted CJO but I got another Job?

JLOVE11
Explorer C

Thanks so much.  Yes, they are taking a long time.  I have completed all the other steps with the other company, and I think I will get a Start Date soon.  I just did not want to mess my chances up of getting hired by Southwest in the Future, should I want to work for them at another time.

I did not know if I turn down the job, would that mess me up for future hiring,

The thing is I need a job NOW, and I have to go with whatever company has a solid confirmed job on the table for me.