Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I am a potential new hire, wondering does SWA have night differential for hours worked after 6pm?

Jasminejade
New Arrival

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I am a potential new hire, wondering does SWA have night differential for hours worked after 6pm

Cmoch79
New Arrival

It depends on your workgroup and their union contract.  For the most part, if you work at the airport then, yes.  It's different for flight crews I believe.  

Re: I am a potential new hire, wondering does SWA have night differential for hours worked after 6pm

Jasminejade
New Arrival

My last job offered 10% difference for any night hours. But I really want to work for SWA so just was curious. Thx for ur reply! 

Cmoch79
New Arrival

you're very welcome!  You can also go here    https://swamedia.com/pages/contracts and then do a google search for the union of the workgroup you're interested in. Majority of them have their contracts available to read so you can get specifics. Keep in mind, too, a few of the unions on property are in negotiations now so those contracts could change in the next few months.   Good luck in your search!

TPArampgirl

On the ramp, Yes and No. The differential offered is weird and seems so be based on ramp job and schedule, not necessarily just overnights. I can’t make sense of it. And its paid in one lump sum which is nice. You’ll know the differential offered for a job when you view the bid list. It’ll have its own column. I hope this helps!

Jasminejade
New Arrival

Yes, definitely helped! Thanks.

By the way my workday/dashboard says the title in which i applied for and this (OPCA) next to it, would you or anyone know off hand what the meaning of this stands for? I am complete just waiting on start date! 
Thanks 😊 

TPArampgirl

Its the code for a freight agent. Hopefully thats what you applied for. What it stands for, I have no idea. Haha. Sorry!