Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Internship Job Listings

dipalishah23x
Explorer C

Hello! I had a couple clarification questions about some of the internship job listings currently posted on the Southwest site.

Background:

I have already completed my undergraduate degree (engineering) and have been working for the past 4 years as a mechanical engineer. I  decided however that I want to switch into a more analytics focused career which is why I am currently pursuing a graduate degree (MS in Analytics).

There are a lot of internships currently posted on Southwest's site that I am very interested in, but from the looks of it, most of them require you to be in your sophomore or junior year and to be enrolled full time (12 credits).

I am currently taking 3 classes (9 credits) and again am in a graduate program.

So I wanted to see how strict these requirements are. Are they a bit lenient in that respect & would I still have a chance if I applied? Or would I not even make it past initial checks?

Thank you in advance!

P.S. If this is not the correct place to ask this type of question, please let me know if there is someone else I can contact!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Internship Job Listings

williamh
Employee
Employee

Thank you for reaching out, and for your interest in joining the Southwest family! As long as you're considered a full-time student by your university, we'd love to have you apply and have a chance to get to know you. Good luck!

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers