Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Job Timeline Transparency

jobseeker
Explorer C

Hello all, 

I have applied to various Technology roles within Southwest and the experience has not been pleasant. There have been times where I am ghosted for months, only to be met with an automated rejection email. I am currently in process for various technology jobs  but it has been radio silence since I applied. For a company that stresses their company culture and how much they care for employees and applicants, I would really appreciate better communication from the recruiting team.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Job Timeline Transparency

dfwskier
Aviator A

SW is hiring thousands of people and i likely covered up by tens of thousands (or more) of applictions. It's hard to handle things personally given those numbers.

Re: Job Timeline Transparency

jobseeker
Explorer C

I do not really think that is a valid excuse to ghost candidates, and tell them they are still in the running just because their candidate home says 'In process' -- they are essentially just saying we have not gotten around to sending you a rejection. In all of the information sessions that I've attended, they say the process is quick, and candidates are informed on whether or not they will move on in a timely manner-- this has not been the case at all . Not to mention, applicants are not even given a recruiter to reach out to. Very poor experience.