Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Joining the southwest family!

Lserna
Explorer A

Received a call last week with a contingent offer! Very excited to be a part of the southwest community. Heard the hiring process, background check, fingerprint clearance, and drug test can take a while so trying not to be too nervous about not hearing anything. The weird thing is I didn't receive an email about the drug test or anything. I only received the background and covid acknowledgment, Is that normal?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Joining the southwest family!

London87
Explorer A

I believe so, I completed my onboarding in the same order. Once my background cleared I had less than a week to complete fingerprinting and drug screening which was pretty easy. Signed my offer and awaiting training. Welcome to the team! 🙂

Lserna
Explorer A

Thank you so much! Appreciate the reply. Congrats on join as well! 

Lserna
Explorer A

Thank you so much! It did go just like that. I just completed fingerprint clearance and drug test now just waiting to hear back from them 

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C

Congrats and welcome to the SWA team!!!!!

Dedezoe97
Explorer A

Congrats and welcome to the team. I love the SWA team so kuch the do care

bcoachable
Explorer C

Congrats!

I am wondering about your process.. how long did it take to recieve a "call back" from the time you applied?  

Lserna
Explorer A

I actually didn’t receive a phone call. I received an email stating Iv been selected to proceed in the process I’m assuming they changed the way tge do the process but I’m not sure. From there I went on to the virtual face to face interview then the background check, drug test and fingerprint clearance. Now it’s a waiting game to hear back. The process takes awhile though so be patient and don’t stress to much! 

williamh
Employee
Employee
Solution

Congratulations, @Lserna! It's normal for the background process to take a little while, so I wouldn't stress about not seeing an email for that drug test just yet! Our coordinators will follow up with you once they're ready for you to take it. 

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers