Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Looking for a ramp agent position

Dseanb13
Explorer C

I live near a smaller airport (Bellingham, WA) and am looking for job opening as a ramp agent. I can only see third party listings for this position that seem suspicious. My question (s) are, is there any way to apply for this position outside of active hiring? Is there a hiring schedule or do I just have to wait until someone leaves to apply? Any tips on getting a position with southwest doing this type of work at this type of airport? Furthermore, is there anyone I can reach out to in order to increase my chances of getting this?  I am open to any and all advice 🙂

Thanks in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Looking for a ramp agent position

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

Hi!

Official career listings are posted on careers.southwestair.com. Any other postings you find are not official postings and Southwest does not recommend that you apply to them as it is not theirs.

You’ll probably have to wait until a posting is live for the Ramp Agent position - BLI is a smaller station so they might not have as many opportunities come up - be sure your notifications are turned on so that you’ll know when it comes up. The company is in need of many ramp agents, though, so trying to get ahold of someone at Southwest (if you know someone) who works at the station and letting them know you’re interested definitely wouldn’t hurt, if anything, it’ll help you in the future by demonstrating your interest. As far as tips for getting a position at Southwest, I would read up on the culture since it’s always something they look for in applicants. It’ll definitely help with an interview!

Best of luck!

Re: Looking for a ramp agent position

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

Looks like a position just opened up at Bellingham! (https://careers.southwestair.com/job/R-2022-609/Customer-Service-Agent)