Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New Hire

Imuniquedal
Explorer B

I just signed my official offer letter with a start date over a month from now. When can I use flight benefits? Do I have to wait until my first official day of work?

26 REPLIES 26

Re: New Hire

palmtreedestiny
Adventurer C

I am a new hire as well, do you mind if I ask what you are hired for.  

Imuniquedal
Explorer B

Operations Agent

What about you?

palmtreedestiny
Adventurer C

CS&S

Misstx
Adventurer C

Hi. I was wondering how soon after receiving that you passed your employment screening. Did you receive your official letter? It’s been nearly a month and I haven’t heard anything yet with a starting date.  Thank you. (CS&S)

Misstx
Adventurer C

And also to answer your questions. Your flight benefits start on your first day of work! I attended the Webinar. They just would recommend being very careful about booking flights for the weekends following class days. 

Imuniquedal
Explorer B

I passed my screening and receive the letter almost a week later

Misstx
Adventurer C

oh okay ! Congratulations 🎊. I emailed my recruiter hopefully I receive a response soon.  It’s driving me crazy that I haven’t heard anything after passing my screening  besides some text messages.

Imuniquedal
Explorer B

It should come soon. After my first interview it took a little over a month to be contacted about a second one. I just thought that was the end. Yes reaching out to your recruiter will also help.

Misstx
Adventurer C

Yes I hope it comes soon ! I just hope I’m in the August class ! And see my interviews and such came happened pretty fast from my applying to me getting hired was about 3 weeks actually .  This has been the longest wait.  But thank you!