Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Next steps in hiring process

mandyavery
Explorer C

I received an email a few days ago congratulating me on the employment screening being complete. The email said I should hear from a recruiter. If I have not heard from a recruiter, then I am to email swapeople@wnco.com  I emailed my question to this email address and I instantly received an automated email informing me that the email address was for technical issues and not for job status questions. Then it gave the link to this forum for my questions. Can someone please reassure me my application has not slipped through the cracks. I don’t want to miss any time sensitive information! My candidate home account shows app in process but no to-do items. Thank you! 

Mandy Avery

*redacted*

Application number R-2023-18425

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Next steps in hiring process

victoriagca
Explorer C

do you have your recruiters email? if so definitely email them if you have it. good luck to you !!

mandyavery
Explorer C

I am supposed to have a recruiter, but I haven’t been told who. That’s why I’m hoping to get help on here about what to do. 

Passenger1C
Aviator C
Solution

@mandyavery  you might want to edit your post removing all personal information. 

Keep in mind that it might take time for the recruiter to contact you ( Recruiters may not be working over the weekend). 

Congratulations with completing your screening. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

mandyavery
Explorer C
Solution

I can’t figure out how to edit/delete the post. 

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi there, @mandyavery!

Congratulations on your contingent offer for the Flight Attendant position! 

With so many applications, and only so many classes to get everyone placed in for training, it may take some time for our Team to follow up with next steps! That said, I promise our Team is working hard to get you all squared away ASAP. 

Hang in there, and keep an eye on your email inbox (and junk/spam folders - just in case!) for an update as soon as it's available. 😊

ps - I edited your post to remove your personal details for you! You are all good there, too! 

phembera
Explorer C

How long did it take to hear back from the recruiter? I am in the exact position, waiting to hear back from the recruiter about the next steps. 

mandyavery
Explorer C

I still have not heard back from a recruiter. I did email some random person on one of the emails I received through this process. She reassured me I’m still in the que and to keep hanging in there. I interviewed and received contingent job offer the first week of June. What about you? Also, there is a seminar this week that may give more information about a timeline for the process. Have you received information to register for that? 

phembera
Explorer C

I applied for the DEN AMT position. I interview on June 26th then received a CJO on June 27.  I was sent an email on July 6th saying my Employment screening with southwest airlines is complete. I have not hear anything else since July 6th, other than some text's saying the countdown has started and its go time, making me worried I missed a correspondence. I did email the swapeople@wnco.com,  and they forwarded my email to someone else, but still no response.

mandyavery
Explorer C

I think this is normal. At the flight attendant interview we were told there are 1800 people ahead of us to be trained still. So it will be a while before we hear anything else.