Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Whats next after getting start date

vsilva
Explorer C

Hi, im from Hawaii. I was given a start date of August 8, 2022. Are there things to do or process within the waiting period from July 2 - August 7?

3 REPLIES 3

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Just your onboarding 'packet'. I say 'packet' loosely because its all virtual. You'll fill out your I-9, and digitally sign all the employee policies. They'll send a link to do that. You'll hear from your station about your first day and SIDA badge. Other than that, there isn't much else besides waiting. 🙃

vsilva
Explorer C

Thanks 😊

About2be
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

Study city codes, for sure. Keep watching emails. Use the search to look for folks in your job potion and see what they say about upcoming events.  You might even find others that will start with you and y'all help each other out.  Start checking your usual  new hire information and documents to make sure you are updated, nothing has expired, and you have correct information. Look at your city's airport map, parking info. times, rates, or public trans.

I made hard copies of all emails received and sent.  Then organized for less stress on myself having to search my phone to find the correct information. For me that eased my mind during the waiting period, but looking back was a HUGE waste of paper, and possible some of time. #lessonlearned---well maybe

I also made outfits for 1st weeks, and on- boarding. Ironing, mending, sewing buttons, steaming, starching, color coordinating, trying on for fit and comfort, shoe shining, etc. Looking back I think that was the best use of my time.  I was tried after classroom training, but still need to study so was grateful to get 10 extra minutes of sleep the next day because I didn't have to search for matching socks. 

Congrats! 😁