Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Recruiter and Phone Screen Request Email

my_sharona
Explorer C

Hello everyone,

I’m new to the site, and I have a question that I was wondering if anyone can help me with.  Two days ago, I received an email from a Southwest recruiter asking me for my availability for a phone screen this week and next week, for a CSA position.  Today is Friday, and I haven’t received a reply from her.  

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the recruiter to usually reply, since she asked my availability for within the next week?  I thought I may receive a reply with the time I will be called.  I’ve checked my email religiously, spam folder included, and nothing.  I’m starting to get nervous that I might be lost in the shuffle.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Recruiter and Phone Screen Request Email

Lisakau808
Adventurer C

Hello, Im new to this too. It took my recruiter about 3 or 4 days to reply so I think thats a normal amount. Just keep checking your spam. They definitely will reply. Southwest has been amazing during this hiring process. Good luck and have fun!

my_sharona
Explorer C
Solution

Thank you so much!  This helps put me at ease.  I really appreciate your reply! 🙂

TerryCole
Explorer C
Solution

If it has been a reasonable amount of time since you provided your availability and you haven't received a reply, consider sending a polite follow-up email to the recruiter. Express your continued interest in the position and inquire about the status of the phone screen. Be patient and understanding in your communication.                          YourTexasBenefits Application

my_sharona
Explorer C

Thanks so much for your reply.  I sent a polite follow-up, so hopefully I will hear something back soon.   🙂