Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rehire

sfminhas
Explorer C

Hello,

Can someone please help figure out how to get rehired. My supervisor told me I'm considered rehireable. 

I would like to talk to someone to figure out next step. 

Thank you,

Sophie Minhas 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rehire

Passenger1C
Aviator C

Your best bet is to apply for the job you are interested in and go from there. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @sfminhas

We're thrilled that you want to rejoin the Southwest Family! Keep your eyes peeled for a position that catches your interest on our Careers site (https://careers.southwestair.com/), and submit your application. 

In the application/hiring process, our Teams will conduct that rehire review step with you! 

sfminhas
Explorer C

Hi,

I have applied for multiple positions since I'm rehireable but I feel I been getting looked pass it. Is there anyway to appeal a decision?

Thank you, 

Sophie 

StevenBarnett19
Adventurer C

@sfminhas SWA Recruiters do not skip applicants if they're past employees, even if one quits or gets terminated. SWA Recruiters understand that people do change. especially if the hard times we encountered causing our departure, have been resolved.

I quit SWA in 2013. Since then, I've re-applied a countless number of times with never no luck. But, I've recently been awarded a position at SWA, and I'm headed for training soon. So, it is possible.

What makes it hard, is when SWA needs to fill only 15-20 positions, but several hundreds of applicants apply.. A key is also to apply early, possibly within 30mins of their job posting, to get ahead of the surge.

Don't give up and keep applying!!

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

@sfminhas So sorry you haven't been successful just yet! 

@StevenBarnett19 offered some really great insight and advice that I would love to echo!

We review qualified Candidates in the order received, regardless of if they've been at Southwest before or not. If you can, apply to a position you're interested as quickly as possible, so that your application can be reviewed as early as possible in the process. 

Wishing you the very best of luck!