Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Training time for ramp in Dallas

Dcrich1965
Explorer C

I start the 28th as newly hired ramp agent…can anyone tell me my training time..day..night?? Thank you for any info..

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Training time for ramp in Dallas

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

It will be assigned to you sometime during your first week, and they will literally schedule you for 8 hours during any part of the day, so be prepared for anything. 

Dcrich1965
Explorer C

Thank you for responding. One more question..how long is training?? And thinking I’ll probably be nights after training ..correct??.,guess that was 2 questions..lol

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Training depends on you! There is no set timeline for training and you will be signed off when you are ready to safely do the job. After training, I have had a variety of schedules but directly after training, I didn’t go to overnights, but I did go to PM shift. 1700-0200. 

Black_knight
Explorer C

Hi there......just had my second interview....waiting for drug testing and fingerprints....will be flying out to Dallas tx for ramp training...how long is training? Some say 3 days others say 5 days .

ramosvictor2766
Explorer C

Is the ramp agent job exam day hard 

TNuts
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

Congrats and WELCOME to the SWA Team! Study them city codes, listen to your trainers, ask any and all questions and please make sure to keep your head on a swivel while working on the ramp! There are a couple of us on this discussion page that work the ramp for SWA and will be happy to answer any questions!