Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Veterans Support Division

Explorer C

Good morning, 

I  know that Southwest likes to hire veterans. Does Southwest have a veterans Support Division, to ensure the veterans that are hired have access to the benefits available to them through the VA? I would be interested in working in such a Division. If it doesn't exist, I would love to talk with HR to potentially develop such a program 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Veterans Support Division

dfwskier
Aviator A

You've posted this three times, and have not received any replies. Maybe that is because SW does not have a dedicated veterans support division.

In any case, you are better off asking the airline directly. To do so, click on contact us  (below) and proceed.

Explorer C

I contacted the airline directly. They referred me to this discussion group. I have received a few helpful responses. Just waiting for one of the positions they recommended to open so I can apply. 

pennacook
Adventurer C

Southwest has ELGs (Employee Lead Groups) that help support different groups of people. They do have an ELG for Veterans.

cheyenneallgood
Employee
Employee

@adrienneb Can you or someone from your Team jump in here? Thanks!

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi there, @302526394!

Thanks so much for reaching out!

We have a huge Heart for our Military and welcome Veterans to apply for any job for which they are qualified and interested. We have internal support for Military members, current Veterans, and Military Spouses through things like our Warrior Hire program, Military Ambassador Group, Employee Resource Groups, and Employee Lead Groups - as well as many resource Teams throughout the Company that can help when it comes to Benefits and more. One of the Teams that has a hand in helping our Employees find the answers they need is our Employee Services Team - you might keep an eye out for opportunities to join their Team, if that interests you! 

To learn more about our Military hiring initiatives, visit the Military page on our Careers site.  You can also sign up for our Military Talent Community! We hope to see your application soon!

Explorer C

Thanks for the information.