Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Any Priority Boarding Among Early Bird Check-Ins For Companions to Business Select Fare

Unrelenting
Explorer C

I purchased a Business Select fare. Based on that reservation, we made a reservation for my companion using my companion pass, and my companion purchased early bird check in. Does my companion get higher priority boarding among those purchasing early bird check in than companions of Anytime and/or Wanna Get Away fare holders who also bought early bird check in?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Any Priority Boarding Among Early Bird Check-Ins For Companions to Business Select Fare

Unrelenting
Explorer C

I am restating my question to ask it better.

I purchased a Business Select fare. Based on that reservation, we made a reservation for my companion using my companion pass, and my companion purchased early bird check in.

Does my companion get higher priority boarding than those with Anytime and/or Wanna Get Away reservations who also bought early bird check in?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Any Priority Boarding Among Early Bird Check-Ins For Companions to Business Select Fare

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Based on previous reports, the companion of a Business Select fare ticketed passenger receives no adjustment to their normally selected boarding position, whether that is through EarlyBird or not. Companions of other fare ticketed passengers/companion pass holders would receive a sequential boarding position to the companion pass holder. It's a perk for Companion Pass holders, but excludes Business Select fares.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Unrelenting wrote:

Does my companion get higher priority boarding than those with Anytime and/or Wanna Get Away reservations who also bought early bird check in?

Not that we are aware of.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

To be clear, they'll not receive any "upgrade" because of the Business Select fare, but will receive their EarlyBird Check-In boarding position among all EBCI purchasers based on time of purchase.