Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Delayed Baggage

Kevinvking70
Explorer C

My son flew from Austin to DC and somehow his baggage ended up in Chicago.   This is his 1st time flying by himself and is stuck with no luggage today.  They told him to go buy what he needs, but he has meetings to go to and no time to purchase anything.   He is currently in casual clothes for a business dress meeting.   What can be done about this??

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Delayed Baggage

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

He was informed he could purchase replacement items and the bag will most likely be delivered as soon as possible.  He should have a claim filed with Southwest and can follow-up using that information.  What else are you looking for?

I suspect a lighthearted "airline lost my bag" will be understood by anyone in the meeting.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Delayed Baggage

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

He was informed he could purchase replacement items and the bag will most likely be delivered as soon as possible.  He should have a claim filed with Southwest and can follow-up using that information.  What else are you looking for?

I suspect a lighthearted "airline lost my bag" will be understood by anyone in the meeting.

--TheMiddleSeat

Also mention if this is a new activity for him that he'll definitely carry on any same day required business items in the future. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.