Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How do I save OTHER traveller profiles in my SW web account?

alek
Explorer A

I have looked all over for a common problem I (and I'm sure many others have) which is there ANY way to save OTHER traveller profiles on my Southwest Web Account?

I.e. when I book a reservation for my family, I have to re-enter ALL their information. Not only is this time consuming, but it's easy to make a mistake. Every other airline gives me the option to "Save" that profile ... so next time, I just click on "Wife, Son #1, Son#2, etc." and it auto-fills.

If this capability does not exist, can I strongly request this ability be added as I'm sure many Southwest LUV fans would appreciate it.

Thanks!

23 REPLIES 23

Re: How do I save OTHER traveller profiles in my SW web account?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Yes, it would be a great feature, but it's not currently possible to save other people to your profile.  The only exception is for Companion Pass holders, their companion's information is saved.

alek
Explorer A

I appreciate you chiming in TheMiddleSeat (you are a GREAT help on these forums BTW), but I would quibble a bit with calling this issue "Solved" which is now shows.

Yes, that is how it currently works ... but clearly being able to save other traveler's information would be of GREAT benefit to a LOT of people. I realize Southwest has plenty of projects to work on, but am hoping they can push up the priority on this one as I think this would be very helpful.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Whoa there pardner... First, thank you for the compliment, I'm glad you appreciate my responses, but I had nothing to do with marking this question solved. I completely agree with you, it would be a great time saver if a friend's information could be stored. 

alek
Explorer A

Sorry TheMiddleSeat if you got the impression I was saying YOU marked it as Solved - it was meant more generically to the folks who run this forum who presumably were the ones who did it (do we know who marked it Solved?) but I can see how my wording might have come across that (wrong) wrong way to you.

SW Folks: TheMiddleSeat is one of your "Fantastic Five" (well deserved!) and he agrees this feature would be a great time saver. Any chance someone official can chime in and say:

1. Dumb idea - we won't do (cool, but at least I asked)

2. OK idea - we'll get to it "sometime" but probably not for a while

3. Good idea - it's on our radar and we'll add this capability sooner rather than later

4. GREAT idea - it's on the top of our to-do list and expect roll-out next month!    😉

Have my Mother and Son flying you tomorrow early afternoon from SEA-DEN to join us for Thanksgiving - Southwest ROCKS!    😉

alek
Explorer A

LOL that playing with the forum interface, it's possible *I* marked this as Solved - D'OH!   😉

Regardless, I just unmarked it.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I think your first question was technically solved - is there a way to do this...no there isn't, as replied by @TheMiddleSeat.

If you are saying the remaining issue is to find out when it would be implemented or if it ever would be implemented, that's a little more difficult, the board moderators can take comments back to the mothership for sure, they have mentioned this several times.

As far as getting any definitive answer from Southwest corporate IT teams on implementing a change to the reservation system maybe a comment will come back that it's a three or four on your scale, but otherwise I wouldn't wait for a response.

Were you able to mark it unsolved as the original poster, or did the moderators see your comment and undo it?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Awww now my feelings are hurt after losing a "solved" post 😞

Sorry if I took your response the wrong way, I did think you thought I marked it solved, but hopefully you could tell I wasn't too upset about it. As @DancingDavidE (who btw is also a great member of the Fantastic 5) said, we can all suggest ideas, but likelihood of implementation is slim. I do try to remain optimistic that the powers that be do read these comments or get a summary of the suggestions. Perhaps our Fantastic 5 group should start a collection of ideas that we support...

Enjoy Denver, it's looking a lot like Seattle today. Funny because I'm actually heading to Seattle from Denver tonight.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

This is a great suggestion, and has been frequently requested, but there's been nothing to indicate that it will happen anytime soon. At best, it's previously been acknowledged with the standard "taken to Heart / shared with Senior Leaders via summary."

Southwest's IT team has a lot of plates spinning right now, and unfortunately they've never been particularly good at keeping them all in the air. 😉

alek
Explorer A

Sorry for the delayed response - I'm "subscribed" to this thread, but for reasons unknown, I don't get notifies when someone responds.

All good points by DancingDavidE - TheMiddleSeatchgoflyer  and thank you for your responses. I was just hoping to see a more offical SW acknowledgement and/or response ... hopefully option #4!   😉

FYI that I was able to re-mark it as unsolved ... although yea, I guess technically it was solved.