Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Is there an option to block comments by certain users?

YeahNoMaybe
Adventurer A

Many forums have the option to block comments by certain users.

Does this forum have the same ability?

I would rather not read the continuous ridiculous comments by a certain user.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Is there an option to block comments by certain users?

bec102896
Aviator A

Unfortunately not at this time. I have suggested it to the moderators though so hopefully if others suggest it they can look in to that as a feature on the forum. I’d love to be able to block people who drive me crazy 

your best bet for now is to report posts that go against the community guidelines such as bad information or arguments (unfortunately those seem to have increased lately) 

nushkin
Explorer A

I would like the same option.  There is so much good advice here by most of the knowledgeable contributors.  I enjoy learning how to handle various situations by getting sound advice from the usual folks who have actual common-sense approaches in dealing with other people.  I hope the moderators develop and approve the feature mentioned.  By the way, I miss the advice of middleseat, who was one of the best in giving sound advice.  I hope his absence is only temporary.

bec102896
Aviator A

@nushkin wrote:

By the way, I miss the advice of middleseat, who was one of the best in giving sound advice.  I hope his absence is only temporary.

I miss him as well. Hopefully change will happen and he comes back. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Speaking for myself, I enjoy reading all of the perspectives.  I have often seen the subject line and already had a view of the situation, but when I read everyone's contribution, I find that I see it differently.

Everyone here has a different perspective.  We have had a few great discussions involving whether the plane should be held to accommodate five persons, or not.  Another great discussion related to someone who arrived at the airport late and missed their flight.  There were lots of perspectives and that's the purpose of the board.

As long as everyone follows the rules then everything is on track.  It is acceptable to debate someone's perspective as that is what makes us a great society.  To disagree constructively is an ideal democracy.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@YeahNoMaybe wrote:

Many forums have the option to block comments by certain users.

Does this forum have the same ability?

I would rather not read the continuous ridiculous comments by a certain user.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, no.

The problem is that some users post comments that have absolutely nothing to do with the original poster's question.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

As mentioned, keep sharing the feedback and hopefully the mods can introduce soon! 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

StevenBarnett19
Adventurer C

@YeahNoMaybe I do agree with you.. And, if you had the ability, "to block a certian user", from seeing their replies, you'd prob block the same exact individual, that I would choose to block.

Maybe flagging/reporting this individual's replies are the best way for moderators to get involved, especially if their reply is not helpful, not a solution, misleading or a rant, like it typically is. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I'm on the fence for this one.  Although I know there are those that have one bad experience and sign up to this forum for the only reason to try and bash SWA.  Are they perfect, no, are they trying, I still believe they are.  As mentioned often in other posts, SWA has so many understaffed areas that if filled would make the product they serve go much smoother.  If I was in their HR office, I think finding those voids to fill would be more productive to everyone than hiring someone to monitor a discussion forum.  I don't mind hearing the other side, but, if you're agenda was to insult and try and degrade, any counterpoint would be mute to them anyway.  Hopefully a solution can be found.

bec102896
Aviator A

After thinking about this more I think one of the issues would be when other users use the quote feature because that puts the reply in their reply so while you might have a user blocked you still see the blocked users reply in another post if they quote to say “your wrong” or something else but I guess even if you see less it’s better so I’m not sure how they would fix that unless they took the quote away but I think it’s helpful in more lengthy discussions to show your response is to X comment 

for example: if I am blocked by zev but middleseat quotes my post to tell me something then zev would see my reply in the middleseat post that has my reply quoted 

If others have thoughts or ideas feel free to share I think this has been a great conversation