Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV Vouchers

KLHarris25
Explorer C

Okay…so back June 2021 I booked and paid for seven people to take a southwest vacation to Las Vegas. This trip was paid upfront. Not long after everyone backed out because of COVID, which I understood. I totally forgot about the trip and the cost until one day I realized I better call and check about a refund OR travel credits. I just so happened to called TWO DAYS before I would of been SOL which was June 2022. I was told I wouldn’t get anything back but then I was told I would get vouchers. Okay well it took 3 months to get those and I still didn’t get the hotel credits back. But now when I try and book a FLIGHT only since I can’t use it for the hotel that I already paid for, I notice that my voucher isn’t taking the full amount. I read up in the community that I HAVE TO PAY TAXES!!! So now I will have paid taxes TWICE!!!! I am so annoyed with southwest and I never used them since I was 18 because of the experience. But I read reviews in the recent years how things are better. I’m holding onto $4,000 in vouchers and I have to use them before January 2023. I just needed to vent. I may just take the loss on this one. There is no way I can squeeze the time to use these. It would be nice if they turned half of the vouchers back into my hotel credits or let me use the whole balance on a southwest vacation somewhere. Safe Travels everyone!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: LUV Vouchers

bec102896
Aviator A

So book a flight with the voucher then cancel it the funds will be tuned in to a travel fund which no longer expires. 

I would book WGA+ fares that way you can transfer the funds if you need to later 

the expiration date on your rapid rewards account would update a day or 2 later 

dfwskier
Aviator A

You mentioned "hotel credits."  Southwest Airlines DOES NOT sell hotel rooms, so it can't give you any  hotel credits.

You either booked your hotels thru booking.com  (on the southwest.con site) or southwest vacations both of which are TOTALLY DIFFERENT companies from Southwest Airlines. You'll need to discuss your hotel credit issues with either of those companies that you used.

KLHarris25
Explorer C

Hotel was booked with Southwest Vacations 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@KLHarris25 wrote:

Hotel was booked with Southwest Vacations 

Sorry to hear that. Southwest  Vacations is notoriously difficult to deal with. That being said you need to deal with Southwest Vacations about anything you bought from it.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-contact-Southwest-Vacations/ta-p/108332

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Your beef is with Southwest Vacations, a company unrelated to Southwest Airlines.  It appears you have the credit for the airfare portion of your trip so Southwest Airlines is offering you the ability to use the full amount you paid for airfare.  To deal with hotel refunds you'll need to deal with Southwest Vacations which is a horrible company, so good luck.

As @bec102896 said, turn the vouchers in to travel credits and you can use them anytime you want to fly.

--TheMiddleSeat