Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Left laptop on plane - Microsoft Surface

kthaye1
Explorer C

I left my Microsoft surface (silver) with a black detachable keyboard, on a flight from Pheonix from San Antonio (flight 1853). Was sitting in the right side exit row window seat with no seat in front of me. It's in the middle seat back pocket, I'm sure of it. 

This flight continued on to Burkbank then Dallas. I of course created a report on Southwest's website, also called each of the 4 locations the flight stopped through, still no luck. 

This laptop has important information that I cannot recover and praying it gets turned in. If anyone happens to see this and has any info I'd greatly appreciate it. (My wife is going to kill me..) Cat Sad

Thanks,

Kyle

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Left laptop on plane - Microsoft Surface

dfwskier
Aviator A

You did the most important thing you can do: file a lost item report. Hopefully you provided a serial number.

Lots of items get returned. Some don't. You just have to let the prcess evolve.

Good luck.

SWDigits
Aviator A
Echoing the comment from @dfwskier to enter the serial number if you have it.

For reference here is a thread where entering the serial number produced a happy result:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/General-Travel-Policies/Lost-and-found/m-p/80547

Customer | Home airport DCA

Jwalsh3rd
Adventurer A

Same thing happened to me with my IPad left on a flight out of Burbank.  An honest someone or a SW employee found it.  I provided payment for an overnight delivery and LP and behold 48 hours later I had it.  Another time I followed my phone with Find My IPhone by pinging it.  Thank goodness I had logged in to SW WiFi.   There are good people out there.  I hope one of them finds your Surface.

kthaye1
Explorer C

I apprecaite the kind words and advise. 

I was able to locate the serial number and I updated my report. Still no luck though. 

kthaye1
Explorer C
Solution

Southwest is the best! 10 days after losing my item and creating a report, I was emailed to be informed my item was found. Shipping info and payment for shipping was all I needed to do. 2 weeks after losing my item I had it back in working order! So lucky but so thankful for this process!Smiley Happy

SWDigits
Aviator A

@kthaye1 terrific!

And thank you for circling back here to let everyone know the process worked as advertised, it helps others down the road.

All the best!!!

Customer | Home airport DCA