Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mexico/DR - 6mth club 3/16/22 update

ybthomas
Explorer C

My two sons (13 & 10) passports expire in September, can they fly to Cancun Mexico?  Asking because we just try to fly with them to Punta Cana DR on 6/20/22 and they wouldn't allow them to board due to the 6-month rule.  However, on the customer page, it says they are could see below.  I am just trying to confirm before trying to take them on another trip before renewing the passports.

Link: https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2022-Mar/Six-Month%20Passport%20Validity%20...

Visitors traveling to the U.S. are required to be in possession of passports that are valid for six months beyond
the period of their intended stay in the U.S. Citizens of the countries listed below are exempt from the six-month rule and need only have a passport valid for their intended period of stay.
This update supersedes the list found inside the 2018-2019 Carrier Information Guides, and any previous
Carrier Liaison Program (CLP) bulletins.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Mexico/DR - 6mth club 3/16/22 update

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The information you are referencing has nothing to do with the question you are asking as it relates to non-US citizens visiting the United States. Mexico does not have the 6 month passport rule like the DR has. You can go any time with a valid passport.

--TheMiddleSeat

ybthomas
Explorer C

Why?  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ybthomas wrote:

Why?  

Can you be specific with your question?

--TheMiddleSeat

ybthomas
Explorer C

The information you are referencing has nothing to do with the question you are asking as it relates to non-US citizens visiting the United States.  Why?  What is it referencing?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ybthomas wrote:

What is it referencing?

As I said, "non-US citizens visiting the United States"

The answer to your question is there is no 6 month rule for Mexico. 

--TheMiddleSeat