Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: New Southwest App incompatible with my device

moreofless
Adventurer C

What you interpret as anger is just a response to the condecending and arrogant attitude similar to your. Since you do not work for Southwest, you should not and cannot speak for Southwest. That means your statements are meaningless.

I was told my other APPS would stop working a year ago. Guess what, they all still work.  It is Southwest what has chosen to write off certain customers.  Southwest has a reputation for customer service. This case has proven to me and others, that is not the case.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Feel free to think my statements are "meaningless" if you'd like. But Southwest Employee Lindsey (who does indeed speak for Southwest) posted many months ago the exact same thing as I'm saying now, so I'd suggest to you that it's arrogant on your part to continue believing that this argument will result in any positive outcome for you. 😉

Hello all, 

I see this thread has received some additional comments recently. After reading through them, it sounds like some of you are using a version of Android 4.x, which unfortunately we have stopped supporting. Just like with anything, we need to keep our system fresh and keep up with the ever changing and updating tech world, so we stop supporting lower operating systems.

Lindsey
The Southwest Airlines Community

moreofless
Adventurer C

So you can cut and paste. Who is this Southwest employee? Is she / he the CEO? VO of Information Technology? VP of Marketing? 

The fact is you do not speak for Southwest and by trying to act like you do is just arrogant and condecending.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I'm sorry you feel that way. I have never, ever, acted like I "speak for Southwest."

It would appear that you simply are arguing for argument's sake at this point. I wish you the best.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@chgoflyerwrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I have never, ever, acted like I "speak for Southwest."

Some of your posts on other topics make it clear that you aren't an employee, nobody from inside would be critical the way you have been...which is good for the message board to share user viewpoints from all perspectives.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE, I think @chgoflyer actually works for Southwest's IT department and just hates his/her boss, lol. That poor IT department is always getting bashed by @chgoflyer

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I'm sure you're joking, but just to be clear here (as some people seem to easily believe #fakenews these days when it suits their world view) I do not work for Southwest.

Sadly, Southwest's IT department deserves all the bashing it gets (and of course, not only by me). 😉

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I saw this article today and thought of you all:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/your-love-of-your-old-smartphone-is-a-problem-for-apple-and-samsung-151...

You'll have to be a subscriber to read the whole thing.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

OMB13
Explorer C

Lindsey:

I also have just received the "not compatible" message on my Samsung Galaxy 4 ....bummer.

After reading all the comments about this, I checked my OS. It's 5.0. Supposed to work but doesn't.

What's up Southwest?

weikouliu
Explorer C

Same here, 3 years old phone on Android 5.0 and the app stopped working.     SWA, please be clear if you support Android 5.0 or not.