Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

travelling to Jamaica at end of January

peacebreel
Explorer C

Jamaica regulations say we need a Covid (PCR) test no more than 3 days prior to departure.  PCR test in US are running 3-7 days turn around time.  Appears SW will not let you travel w/o proof of the test.  Any suggestion on alternatives if the results are not back in b4 departure or can we get at least 5 days in advance of travel? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: travelling to Jamaica at end of January

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest isn't the one making the rules, Jamaica is.  If you can't meet their requirement you can't travel.  Faster tests are available, you'll need to shop around.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

I have been running in to this same issue with going to the Bahamas. I did a quick google search for same day PCR tests and found a place with results in 2 hours maybe you can find out like that near you. Im actually getting tested today and hopefully I’ll be on my way to the Bahamas on Thursday with my negative PCR in hand. 

-Blake 

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Turnaround times for PCR tests in Oklahoma are less than 12 hours. That's just go to the local labs time. You drive up and they do it in your car. I know that we aren't that advanced compared to the rest of the country. Cash pay places offer 2 hour tests. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

What is your gateway airport? Some locations are offering rapid PCR tests although it may not be free. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.