Ho-ho-ho and pass me a turkey leg! Southwest is now accepting reservations through January 7, 2018, as the November/December schedules were made available this morning. And, as usual, we have holiday presents to share!
Let’s talk International
It may still be only a little less than three percent of our departures, but international service is still the “newest news” for Southwest!
- We will add two new international gateways in November with the addition of new nonstop service between beautiful Cancun and both Nashville and St. Louis, both operating each Saturday.
- Seasonal service between Austin and Cancun will also resume with a daily roundtrip.
- In Denver, our nonstop will become daily to both Cabo and Puerto Vallarta further solidifying Southwest as the airline offering the most flights and destinations to Mexico from Denver. Hey, 303! Feel like going to Mexico? We’re your airline!
Mexico City is also getting a bit of a re-work, thanks to an increase in our Mexico City slot allocation. While this is your first glimpse at the changes, they actually both happen earlier than November.
- We’re able to move our Houston/Hobby to Mexico City late flight and Mexico City to Houston/Hobby early flight to times that are more convenient for local and connecting Customers. Effective July 5, the late Houston/Hobby to Mexico City flight will move earlier to a 6:35 p.m. departure time, which is much more palatable than the current departure time of 9:20 p.m.
- The morning Mexico City to Houston/Hobby flight will move later from its current 5:30 a.m. departure to a more "civilized" departure time of 7:05 a.m.
- As of October 29, we’ll add a fourth roundtrip between Houston/Hobby and Mexico City.
As always schedules and fares are available at southwest.com but we are SO happy to expand and improve our service to Mexico’s capital city (and one of the largest cities in the world!).
Meanwhile, in South Florida, we’re continuing to expand our international service in Ft. Lauderdale by adding new nonstop service to both San Jose, CR and Punta Cana, DR. Both are super popular destinations and we know these new flights enable even more of our Customers to find Caribbean paradise. (We’ve got numbers!!)
Domestic Travel Changes
Domestically we’ve got a few tweaks in store, as well!
- In Milwaukee, we’re “moving some cheese” by reworking our schedule. We’ll add new nonstop service between Milwaukee and both Nashville and Cleveland (both with two daily roundtrips) and bring back seasonal nonstop between Brew City and Ft. Lauderdale and Ft. Meyers. At the same time we’ll discontinue nonstop between Milwaukee and Minneapolis/St. Paul, and discontinue seasonal service between Milwaukee and San Diego and San Francisco.
- Seasonally, we’ve got some old friends returning for our winter travelers, such as: Ft. Lauderdale to Columbus, Milwaukee, and Albany; and Ft. Myers to Hartford.
- Weekend additions (both domestic and international) include: Dallas/Love to Reno/Tahoe, Baltimore to both San Jose and Liberia, and Aruba to Houston/Hobby.
Lots more cool info in the chart attached!
Have a GREAT weekend, everyone and if you have a question just post a comment. I’ll “have my ears on!”