Five More Reasons to Love Rapid Rewards!
Five More Reasons to Love Rapid Rewards!
Southwest Airlines is giving our Customers five more reasons to love our award-winning Rapid Rewards®1 program. The purpose of these enhancements to the Southwest Rapid Rewards™ program is to make it easier for our Customers to earn and enjoy their benefits.
- Earn A-List Status Faster: Starting Jan. 1, 2024, Southwest Rapid Rewards™ Members only need to fly 20 one-way qualifying flights2 (previously 25) or earn 35,000 tier qualifying points3 to reach A-List status.
- Earn A-List Preferred Status Faster: Starting Jan. 1, 2024, Rapid Rewards Members only need to fly 40 one-way qualifying flights2 (previously 50) or earn 70,000 tier qualifying points3 to earn A-List Preferred status.
- Earn Tier Qualifying Points Faster with Southwest Rapid Rewards™ Credit Cards from Chase: Starting Jan. 1, 2024, Rapid Rewards Credit Cardmembers will receive 1,500 tier qualifying points for every $5,000 spent4 (previously $10,000) on purchases using their Rapid Rewards Premier, Premier Business, Priority, or Performance Business Credit Cards from Chase.
- New Perk Alert—Complimentary Premium Drinks for A-List Preferred Status: Starting Nov. 6, 2023, A-List Preferred Members can receive up to two complimentary premium drinks per flight, added directly to their mobile boarding passes.5
- Redeem with Cash + Points: Starting in the spring of 2024, Rapid Rewards Members will have the option to pay for their flight with a combination of cash and points, starting with as few as 1,000 points.6
We’re constantly looking at ways to enhance our program to reward our Customers for their loyalty. Today, we’re thrilled to announce these enhancements to our program to thank our Customers for flying Southwest. By lowering the tier requirements and making credit card spend count double toward tier requirements, we’re able to deepen consumer engagement in our brand and cobranded credit cards, all while maintaining the core program values that our Customers know and love—including unlimited reward seats, no blackout dates, and points that don’t expire.
Join Rapid Rewards
The Southwest Rapid Rewards program is designed around a simple concept—make earning reward flights faster and easier. Not a Member? No problem! Customers can create a free account at Southwest.com.
1All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms.
2Tier qualifying flights are revenue flights purchased and flown.
3Tier qualifying points are earned from revenue flights during the qualifying year or through select Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase and are exclusive of bonuses or promotions.
4Tier qualifying points (TQP) earned through spending using the Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card, Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card, and the Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card will count toward A-List/A-List Preferred qualification based on when they are posted to the Member’s Rapid Rewards account and NOT based on spending date. The points will be posted to the Member’s account after the statement closing date, which will be different for each Customer.
5On flights traveling 176 miles or more, A-List Preferred Members receive up to two complimentary premium drinks per leg. Flights traveling 175 miles or less only serve water. Drink coupons are subject to availability. Service may also be limited at Southwest's discretion. This coupon has no cash value. Drink coupon is void if altered, sold, purchased, brokered, or bartered. Non-exchangeable for other goods or services. Southwest Airlines reserves the right to discontinue its drink coupon program at any time. The coupon is invalid after the expiration date and will not be updated or replaced. Must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Alcohol purchased with drink coupons must be consumed onboard the aircraft.
6Cash + Points will allow Rapid Rewards Members to combine points with other eligible forms of payment to purchase flights, starting in the spring of 2024. Not all Customers will see Cash + Points as an available payment option during the initial rollout. Cash + Points bookings will not earn Rapid Rewards points, tier qualifying points for A-List or A-List Preferred status, or Companion Pass qualifying points.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.