Something New is Surfacing the Clouds—Shark Week is back!
Something New is Surfacing the Clouds—Shark Week is back!
Have you ever seen sharks fly? Southwest Airlines and Discovery Channel are back, and this year they’re taking Shark Week to new heights—literally! Join us as #SharksTakeFlight this summer with a specialty Shark Week-themed aircraft. This custom Boeing 737-700 emblazoned with a rendering of majestic sharks will be flying the skies through August 31. Shark migration patterns will be all over the map, so keep your eyes peeled and track the Shark Week plane throughout the summer by snapping photos and letting us know where you spot the airborne fins. https://youtu.be/hNn3XHbDI98 The jaw-dropping action doesn’t end there! Southwest and Discovery continue working together to connect millions of shark-LUVing fans who tune in for the week-long pop culture phenomena, Discovery Channel’s Shark Week. This year, Shark Week airs June 26 through July 3, but our Customers don’t have to wait to sink their teeth into the exciting content Discovery has up its sleeve—we’re bringing the feeding frenzy straight to their seats! Customers flying on Wifi-equipped flights can enjoy an exclusive Shark Week Channel on Southwest’s Entertainment Portal. The channel features shark-tastic specials, including never-before-seen episode Jungle Shark, which Customers can watch before it airs on Discovery Channel. Still hungry for more? Southwest and Discovery Channel want to send a family of four on an aquatic adventure of a lifetime! Enter the Dare to Dive Sweepstakes for a chance to win a jawsome Mexico vacation. The trip includes roundtrip air travel on Southwest Airlines, a $2,000 hotel gift card, and a $1,000 Visa gift card to put towards an aquatic excursion of choice. For full details, please see terms and conditions below. Enter for a chance to win at Southwest.com/SharkWeek. For more Southwest Shark Week content visit here. // Photos by Stephen M. Keller
Dare to Dive Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to all legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co. (“Southwest Airlines”), Discovery Communications LLC (“Sponsor”), their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Eligibility is contingent on agreement to, and compliance with, these Official Rules. Sweepstakes subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter this Sweepstakes if you are not located in the United States.
- To Enter: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 8:00 A.M. C.T. on June 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59 P.M. C.T. on July 3, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- Drawing: On or about July 11, 2016, a random drawing from all eligible entries received will be conducted by Sponsor. There will be one (1) winner who will be notified by phone and/or e-mail on or about 72 hours after the random drawing takes place. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Participants need not be present to win. All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF BEING A WINNER, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED.
- Prize: Grand Prize Trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, consists of: eight (8) Southwest Airlines flight e-passes for roundtrip travel for four (4) between the airport closest to winner's residence served by Southwest Airlines and Puerto Vallarta’s Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR), a $2,000 Marriott gift card; and a $1,000 Visa gift card. The Approximate Prize Value (“APV”) of the Grand Prize is $4,600.00. A valid passport is required to travel to Mexico. Visit https://www.southwest.com/html/air/intl/international-travel-documents.html for more information including minors travelling to Mexico. Travel on Southwest Airlines is subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply; travel booked will be on Southwest-operated, scheduled service only. If the winner does not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines, he/she is responsible for transportation to the nearest airport served by Southwest Airlines. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of each card.
- To Claim Prize: Winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Required Documentation”). If a potential winner cannot be contacted using the information provided or fails to respond to Sponsor’s attempt to notify them of selection within three (3) days; if any notification is returned as undeliverable or yields an error of undeliverable type “bounce back” email (regardless if the message is ultimately delivered to the recipient); if Sponsor is unable to verify potential winner’s eligibility; if potential winner fails to sign and return the Required Documentation within the required time period or fails to comply with these Official Rules; if any prize is returned undeliverable; if a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize as stated; or if the potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any other reason, the potential winner is disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing from among the eligible entries received. Winner’s guests must each execute a Liability Release and, where legal, Publicity Release, prior to the issuance of travel documents. If a guest is under eighteen (18) years of age, a parent or a legal guardian must sign on behalf of such guest and accompany such minor guest.
- Conditions: Payments of all federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Limitation of Liability: NEITHER DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS LLC, SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, NOR THEIR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED MATERIALS OR TRANSACTIONS THAT ARE PROCESSED LATE OR INCORRECTLY OR ARE LOST DUE TO COMPUTER OR ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTION. WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT OF ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ON PRIZE AND FOR ANY TRAVEL OR OTHER EXPENSES NOT SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED IN PRIZE DESCRIPTION. SPONSOR AND SOUTHWEST AIRLINES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL OR MODIFY SWEEPSTAKES IF FRAUD OR TECHNICAL FAILURE COMPROMISES THE INTEGRITY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
- CONSTRUCTION AND DISPUTES: Participants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Texas, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in Sweepstakes materials or these Official Rules. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Official Rules and Winner’s List: Official Rules are available at southwest.com/sharkweek and Winner’s List may be obtained by visiting southwest.com/sharkweek after July 16, 2016.
- Sponsor:Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.