Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

3 hr delay

Fiberarm
Explorer C

We had a 3 hour delay waiting for the plane to be deiced on Monday out of Seattle. Flight crew was great and served coffe and water while we waited. They explained that someone didn’t provide the correct direction to the contract crews. Anyway on my back to Settle I asked customer service if they could waive the $40 fee to upgrade my boarding position. The answer was no and the comment made was “ We could of not deiced the plane(laughter) . Pretty rude from a customer perspective.

1 REPLY 1

Re: 3 hr delay

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@Fiberarm

I'm sorry your flight was delayed due to deicing. I am glad the crew was at least able to serve coffee and water during the delay. 

Unfortunately the gate agents at the airport usually wont waive a fee as compensation for a flight they are not working as they would not have the details of why that other flight was delayed. 

Being that the delay was weather related the airline may not be able to issue compensation however if you would like to discuss your experience with southwest directly I would recommend reaching out to customer relations by calling 855-234-4654 or you can click the contact us link at the bottom of this page and you can send a message that way and someone from Southwest will reach out to you as soon as possible. 

Hope this helps!

Blake