Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: A-list/Preferred Boarding

Traveler40SWA
Explorer C

I've been on two flights since 10/1 where I made a same day flight change, and I've experienced the new boarding order on both flights.  There are few benefits of A-List Preferred compared with other airlines, so I was disappointed when I heard this news.  You would think that since Southwest has seen a large drop in business travelers (per their own earnings call), that they would treat their most loyal members (likely business travelers) better.  Most of the A-List travelers are single travelers who board the plane and sit down quickly, whereas the family travelers back-up the aisles as they situate the kids and multitude of bags.  Seems like an unnecessary change, but of course I'm a bit biased...

Re: A-list/Preferred Boarding

leadtheway
Explorer C

Just to post the response from SWA in the main thread:

I regret if we missed the mark in our previous email. We are dedicated to providing outstanding Customer Service, so I’m grateful that you’ve given me another chance to address your concerns.

After further review, our Operations Agent made a mistake within our boarding process, which further inconvenienced you as an A-List Passenger. Please know our regret of this situation is sincere and we have identified the Employees involved, further documenting these concerns to our Senior Leadership, as previously mentioned.

So if you are experiencing it, then it means the gate agents are wrong and haven't been trained correctly