Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird not on boarding pass

Mishelly95
Explorer C

I paid for early bird check in and have the email confirmation but when I checked my boarding passes they say No under the Early Bird Check In section. Does this happen or did my early bird check in really not take? How would I confirm I got what I paid for?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Early Bird not on boarding pass

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@Mishelly95 wrote:

I paid for early bird check in and have the email confirmation but when I checked my boarding passes they say No under the Early Bird Check In section. Does this happen or did my early bird check in really not take? How would I confirm I got what I paid for?

Greetings:

I'm assuming you reviewed or downloaded your boarding passes electronically before heading to the airport. To first confirm whether you were able to use the EBCI perk or not, when you logged in to the SW app or website to retrieve the passes, did the screen show you your boarding position for your flight upon logging in and pulling up your flight details? Or did you need to go through the check-in/agreement process first before seeing your boarding position?

If the former, EBCI did what was promised (though I'm not sure why EBCI was marked as 'No' on your boarding pass). If the latter, it appears EBCI did not apply to the flight in question. I would then check your EBCI confirmation email to ensure it was applied for the flight in question before contacting Southwest Customer service to inquire.

Note that if the passenger changes the flight less than 25 hours prior to the flight or if flight with EBCI was purchased but later cancelled and rebooked as a new flight, EBCI does not carry over. Changing the city pairs of any flight with EBCI also requires a contact to SW Customer Service to have EBCI transferred.

Those with EBCI, Anytime, or A-List/ALP w/ Priority Boarding benefits generally will see their boarding positions at the 24-hour mark prior to going through the check-in/agreement process and retrieving boarding passes.