Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Kala Ukulele Gig Bag

FACIII2023
Explorer C

I'm planning on taking two bags with me on my flights. #1 is my Duffel bag with my clothes,etc which I will put in the overhead bin. #2 I'm hoping that I will bring my Kala Ukulele Gig Bag and put it under the seat in front of me. 

These are the dimensions:

Overall interior length: 24"
Lower bout width: 9"
Waist width: 6.5"
Upper Bout Width: 5.75"
Depth: 2.75"

I have included a picture/screenshot of the Gig Bag from the KalaBrand.com website.

Screenshot 2023-07-18 1.12.49 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-07-18 1.12.59 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Kala Ukulele Gig Bag

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

Your personal item that goes under the seat in front of you has dimension restrictions of 16.25" x 13.5" x 8".  The item must fit, entirely, under the seat in front of you for safety reasons.  Even if you choose a middle seat, which often times has larger under-seat space, I don't think it would fit.  And I have a hunch they may say something if you attempted to carry it on with your duffle bag.

An easy solution would be to just check your duffle bag (it's free!) and bring your gig bag onboard as your one free carry on bag. Carry on dimensions are 24" x 16" x 10" and it looks like it fits those dimensions.  Place it in the overhead carry on bin.

Have a great flight!  

Re: Kala Ukulele Gig Bag

FACIII2023
Explorer C

Thanks,I figured that would be the case. I will check the Duffle bag and bring the Gig bag on with me as my Carry on.