Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Curious About Inflight Entertainment Options

gillshreyas
Explorer C

Hello dear travelers,

I'm gearing up for an upcoming flight and I'm curious about the inflight entertainment options. I haven't been in the air for a while, so I'm wondering what's new and exciting in the world of inflight entertainment. If you've recently taken a flight, could you share your experience with the available entertainment? Are there any standout movies, TV shows, or music selections that caught your attention? Additionally, how was the overall quality of the entertainment system? Your insights will help me prepare for a more enjoyable journey, and I'm sure other community members would appreciate your recommendations as well.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Curious About Inflight Entertainment Options

Munsingerjc
Adventurer C

Hey! Personally, I believe that Southwest offers the best of the best entertainment system. So basically, there are not any screens in the seats. You bring your own screen, and basically turn it into a southwest one. All you do when you get on the plane is turn off wifi, turn on airplane mode, then turn on wifi and find the "southwestair" wifi and login! From this screen, you can access drink menu, track flight, watch movies (lots of options for movies and series! Even some live tv!), $8 wifi, etc. So much you can do and your phone, tablet, or computer even has Bluetooth so you don't need to worry about bringing plug-in earbuds! 

I am hoping this all makes sense but in conclusion, it's a bring your own screen entertainment system. 

*More info and how to login to wifi is located on back of drink menu when aboard!*

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@gillshreyas wrote:

Hello dear travelers,

I'm gearing up for an upcoming flight and I'm curious about the inflight entertainment options. I haven't been in the air for a while, so I'm wondering what's new and exciting in the world of inflight entertainment. If you've recently taken a flight, could you share your experience with the available entertainment? Are there any standout movies, TV shows, or music selections that caught your attention? Additionally, how was the overall quality of the entertainment system? Your insights will help me prepare for a more enjoyable journey, and I'm sure other community members would appreciate your recommendations as well.

I echo @Munsingerjc 

Also consider bringing a portable charging device in your personal item bag as most of Southwest's fleet does not have charging ports.

I really like the flight tracker feature which helps me identify the sites, mountains, freeways and towns from below...or if it's really cloudy outside, finding out what's really beyond that white layer.

mandmore
Explorer C

I took a flight not too long ago, and I was pleasantly surprised by the inflight entertainment. They had a good selection of recent movies and TV shows. I ended up watching a couple of new releases I hadn't seen yet. The quality was pretty solid, too - crisp screen and decent sound. It definitely made the flight more enjoyable.