Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

One Happy Customer

Jomarie88
Explorer C

I was trying to find a place to send an enormous, heartfelt, THANK YOU for such incredible customer service. I am blown away and have to share my gratitude and say “EXCELLENT JOB, SWA!!” I had booked a flight for my family back in March from Burbank to ECP. I have two young children and traveling is not easy. Unfortunately, I overlooked an email I received some time ago informing me of a change of itinerary and let’s just say This wasn’t a minor change! So, When I looked the day before takeoff for details I realized we had a 7AM departure (vs original 3PM!) and a total travel time that had DOUBLED from 6 hours to 12!!! With little hope, I called customer service…. WOW. Literally zero wait time! But even more amazingly, Marcia had me on a much better flight, free of charge, within two minutes! I could not believe this. Never have I ever had a better, more efficient, professional experience with an airline. Thank you for finding a way during such challenging times for the industry to make a customer experience so wonderful. You have certainly made a lifelong customer out of me. Bravo, Southwest Airlines!

1 REPLY 1

Re: One Happy Customer

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@Jomarie88 wrote:

I was trying to find a place to send an enormous, heartfelt, THANK YOU for such incredible customer service. I am blown away and have to share my gratitude and say “EXCELLENT JOB, SWA!!” I had booked a flight for my family back in March from Burbank to ECP. I have two young children and traveling is not easy. Unfortunately, I overlooked an email I received some time ago informing me of a change of itinerary and let’s just say This wasn’t a minor change! So, When I looked the day before takeoff for details I realized we had a 7AM departure (vs original 3PM!) and a total travel time that had DOUBLED from 6 hours to 12!!! With little hope, I called customer service…. WOW. Literally zero wait time! But even more amazingly, Marcia had me on a much better flight, free of charge, within two minutes! I could not believe this. Never have I ever had a better, more efficient, professional experience with an airline. Thank you for finding a way during such challenging times for the industry to make a customer experience so wonderful. You have certainly made a lifelong customer out of me. Bravo, Southwest Airlines!

Greetings!

Thanks for sharing this story! To answer your question of the place to send your thanks, you can either email SW Customer Service directly or send it via Twitter/X:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

That will help ensure this gets read by the appropriate SW staff and processed. Note if Southwest initiates a change to your itinerary, you are allowed to rebook the flight for a different day/time between the two city-area pairs at no difference in fare provided travel is taken within either 14 days before or after the day of the original booking. However, I'm glad to hear that Marcia was able to help you with getting you rebooked in a friendly and professional manner. 

Enjoy your trip!