Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Thank You, Co-Pilot Chris!

authordawnking
Explorer C

On July 31, 2024, I boarded Flight 2311 from NY to St. Louis. I quickly realized that the person who pushed my wheelchair never gave me my laptop and tablet. Panic made my heart race. I told the Flight Attendant (Sierra) what happened. She suggested I get off the plane and book another flight after I retrieved my items. I'm so grateful she decided to speak with the pilots.

Chris, the Co-Pilot asked me to describe the laptop and tablet and said he would go back to the TSA area and look for my items. I boarded early because of the temporary need for the wheelchair, so lots of people were still boarding. I silently prayed that he would find them and that I wouldn't be the cause of a delayed take-off.  Chris saved the day, when he happily returned with both my items.

Thank you so much Chris for going above and beyond the call of duty! I also thank Sierra (or Ciara, not sure) for thinking to let the pilots know.

I am one happy Southwest Airlines passenger!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Thank You, Co-Pilot Chris!

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@authordawnking wrote:

On July 31, 2024, I boarded Flight 2311 from NY to St. Louis. I quickly realized that the person who pushed my wheelchair never gave me my laptop and tablet. Panic made my heart race. I told the Flight Attendant (Sierra) what happened. She suggested I get off the plane and book another flight after I retrieved my items. I'm so grateful she decided to speak with the pilots.

Chris, the Co-Pilot asked me to describe the laptop and tablet and said he would go back to the TSA area and look for my items. I boarded early because of the temporary need for the wheelchair, so lots of people were still boarding. I silently prayed that he would find them and that I wouldn't be the cause of a delayed take-off.  Chris saved the day, when he happily returned with both my items.

Thank you so much Chris for going above and beyond the call of duty! I also thank Sierra (or Ciara, not sure) for thinking to let the pilots know.

I am one happy Southwest Airlines passenger!

Fabulous story. Thanks for sharing!

If you haven't done so already, would you also be willing to share this on SW's Facebook or Twitter/X account as this forum is customer-to-customer. The staff that watch over the social media channels can also handle Customer Service requests and should be able to relay your compliment to Chris' and Sierra's team.

Alternatively, you can email SW Customer Service directly:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

Great to hear these stories like this!

Re: Thank You, Co-Pilot Chris!

bec102896
Aviator A

So glad to hear Chris was able to go and get your laptop and tablet if you get a chance I would fill out the compliment form by clicking on the help center link at the bottom of this page so Chris’s supervisor can praise him for the wonderful act