Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

movies on IPAD

scheinerst
Explorer C

hello,

i looked at the IPAD specs and says should support 15.0 and above IOS....i have 15.8 ...i can load the application and get to movies but the movie will not play..

can anyone help??

thx

3 REPLIES 3

Re: movies on IPAD

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@scheinerst wrote:

hello,

i looked at the IPAD specs and says should support 15.0 and above IOS....i have 15.8 ...i can load the application and get to movies but the movie will not play..

can anyone help??

thx

Hola!

Here's some official info on the technical requirements:

The Inflight Entertainment Portal is supported on devices that meet the minimum requirements below. Browser support is limited to most recent version in addition to one previous version. Other devices and browsers may provide limited functionality.

Please note that utilizing privacy browser modes or VPN functionality (such as Apple Private Relay) may impact product availability.

Movies & On-Demand TV

Device: iPad
Operating System: iPadOS 14.0+
Browser: Apple Safari

Live TV

Browser: Google Chrome, Apple Safari

Music

Browser: Google Chrome, Apple Safari

https://www.southwest.com/inflight-entertainment-portal/#heading16

(See last FAQ - 'What kind of device do I need?')

It appears your iOS system is ok. Would you verify that you are using the latest version of Safari and not Google Chrome when trying to watch movies on your iPad and that no VPN's are turned on during use as VPN's may impact the stream. It doesn't appear that Chrome is listed as a supported browser for your device for movies or on-demand TV but supported for music and live TV. Not sure if that's the cause.

Hope this helps.

scheinerst
Explorer C

Hello , thank you for your response … I have iOS 15.8 installed … I can get to the inflight screens and choose am movie but doesn’t allow me the option of “ play “ once I get there … it seems the new format for inflight viewing has effected the “ play “ last step to viewing .. ( I can choose a movie and get a description of it , just no play/watch button ) … not sure what to do from here .. works fine on my newer iPhone 

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

You should be good then! Maybe try a different browser? 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger