Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Change Flight question

dshears
Explorer C

I got the notification my original itinerary was impacted so I can change my flight 2 times for free. How far out can I change my flight? Like if it's currently set for end of January can I move it to march?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Change Flight question

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@dshears wrote:

I got the notification my original itinerary was impacted so I can change my flight 2 times for free. How far out can I change my flight? Like if it's currently set for end of January can I move it to march?

Hello-

The date change window is similar to a Travel Advisory in your case: Any date up to 14 days prior to the original booking date or up to 14 days later. Changing the date from January to March would be too far out. However if you have more than one airport in either your departure or arrival region, you'll be able to change that too.

E.g.

SW Change Flight.png

SW Change Airport.png

Flight Change 2024.png

If March is the only option, you can scrap your original booking and use the flight credit toward booking a new flight for March (assuming you purchased WGA or WGA+ fare). If the March fare is currently high, you can always keep a watch for a sale or promo and rebook then.

Hope this helps!

dshears
Explorer C

Thank you so much!

fawootton
Explorer C

I got the message. Changed flight. The next morning I got the notice they had charged my credit card more than $200. So much for free.