Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: RESCHEDULED FLIGHTS STILL SAYING. "SUBJECT TO CHANGE"

bec102896
Aviator A

@1Scarlett wrote:

Does everyone's rescheduled flight have this tag attached? It's complete insanity.

How can we keep adjusting plans  with the possibility of another change?

They can't guarantee anything. Why even take reservations? Why be open?

Many of us have funerals to attend, cemeteries to visit. So unfair.

Looks like all of my june flights have the waiver on them right now. 

Re: Flight Cancellations and Rescheduling

Longsofalb
Explorer C

I just received a flight change email that changed our direct flight scheduled for June from ABQ to LAX to have a layover in LAS and then one of us has to go from Phoenix to Raleigh and he never makes it to LAX I guess. We are going for a funeral that has already been delayed since December.  I am going to sleep on it and try to figure out how to fix this or just drive. 

1Scarlett
Explorer C

please share with us your resolution when you reach one...even if we get to our family farm in Kentucky south of Nashville there's no guarantee our return flight won't be changed again.

I haven't researched this but a friend said another jet model was pulled for mechanical issues.

United also owns these.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@Longsofalb wrote:

I just received a flight change email that changed our direct flight scheduled for June from ABQ to LAX to have a layover in LAS and then one of us has to go from Phoenix to Raleigh and he never makes it to LAX I guess. We are going for a funeral that has already been delayed since December.  I am going to sleep on it and try to figure out how to fix this or just drive. 

Looks like they still have a non stop from ABQ-LAX Monday-Friday. Since Southwest made a change to your reservation you can change to the non stop or any other flight you would like with no fare difference collected. This change can be made on the Southwest app or the website. You can also cancel though an agent and request a refund to your original form of payment. 

-Blake

Longsofalb
Explorer C

I saw that after I wrote my message and rebooked the nonstop flight. I had to go in and change my car rental pick up time. I am nervous if they change it so drastically again. 

1Scarlett
Explorer C

so sorry for both of us.  I am going to cancel everything and try again this fall or next June.

My Mom's celebration of life will be better than ever.  We can't rely on departure nor returns.

Constant 'Subject to change' tags won.  We are no longer comfortable moving forward.

Wandrewsjr
Explorer C

I too have noticed this happening more often, but got a doozy of a reschedule email today. My flight from Orlando to Oakland (through Denver) was rebooked as a flight from Orlando ending in Denver. That’s going to be quite the Uber fare from the airport to home! 

bec102896
Aviator A

@Wandrewsjr wrote:

I too have noticed this happening more often, but got a doozy of a reschedule email today. My flight from Orlando to Oakland (through Denver) was rebooked as a flight from Orlando ending in Denver. That’s going to be quite the Uber fare from the airport to home! 

I would reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter in a DM so they can get this fixed for you. 

If you don't have social media you can use the Southwest app chat feature tomorrow and they can assist as well. I think they Are closed for the night currently. 

Wandrewsjr
Explorer C

Thanks for the tip! I did the web form submission and hadn’t received anything but the automated response going on 12 hours now. Phone call said 110 minute wait.  Twitter message got me a response and fix in 6 minutes!

Longsofalb
Explorer C

I just got one of those too! If we can't change it back we will just drive. I booked direct flights in February so I could get the direct flights. Ughhhh