Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rare event: 2/3 full flight

regaru
Explorer C

A few weeks back, was flying with my spouse from BWI to HOU on an evening flight, mid B boarding group. During boarding, the flight attendants announced: “This flight is only about 2/3 full, so unless your in an especially close relationship, we expect to see empty middle seats all the way down the plane!” My spouse sat in the window and I sat in the aisle, with the middle open. After that announcement, spouse gave me the side eye all the way home! 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Rare event: 2/3 full flight

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@regaru wrote:

A few weeks back, was flying with my spouse from BWI to HOU on an evening flight, mid B boarding group. During boarding, the flight attendants announced: “This flight is only about 2/3 full, so unless your in an especially close relationship, we expect to see empty middle seats all the way down the plane!” My spouse sat in the window and I sat in the aisle, with the middle open. After that announcement, spouse gave me the side eye all the way home! 

The FA's will sometimes place a little bit of humor into their announcements. Just more than a year ago, I had one announce after the cleared-to-take-off ding went off: "We've been cleared for departure...Since we'll be defying gravity for a little while...double check those seatbelts...maybe your shoelaces."

It looks like this post is also on Reddit's SW Forum as of last night and got over a couple dozen responses too.

Follow SoCalFlyer97 after the SW Community Forums Closes:
The SW Community Forums will be retiring effective 9/16; see the official announcement in the headers. SoCalFlyer97 will be on FlyerTalk's Southwest Airlines Forum to answer traveler questions going forward and plans to publish future Trip Reports there in their Trip Report forum. Also currently on TripAdvisor and Twitter/X under the same name. See you there!