Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Third party booker keeps your Money, even if your dying and can't fly

CAMARO72TONYF
Explorer C

Anthony Funaro 

Wed, Aug 7, 8:50 AM (3 days ago)

to Providers, Southwest, me

Don't book Hotel, or you lose your money to a third party booker.  Book the Hotel direct

Per your letter below, I will not be refunded my 1,200 dollars since I cannot travel until
after December 2024 because I nearly died of a Sepsis infection from a minor procedure.
I was hospitalized for 5 days in R.I.Hospital. See paperwork at bottom of letter

I book all my trips through Southwest airlines and always stay at the Hampton Inn Ellenton/Bradenton. 

I just wanted a credit so when I can fly again and travel to Florida this December. I 
can rebook. I don't want a refund, only a credit for when I can travel again in December. 

I have attached copy of hospital paperwork. I hope this issue can be resolved.

Pleasse  see your response below

Hi Anthony,

As you requested, we contacted the Hampton Inn Ellenton/Bradenton to request a refund for your reservation 712175678. Despite our efforts, the hotel has decided to enforce the current policy and is not allowing any refund. 

Southwest Hotels is happy to work on your behalf, but we are also subject to the terms the hotels have established and cannot override their decision. We sincerely regret that their response was not more favorable.

Kind regards,

Southwest Hotels Concierge
 (844) 782-9792  (US & Canada) 
 (773) 770-4953  (International)

One attachment • Scanned by Gmail

Anthony Funaro 

Fri, Aug 9, 8:47 AM (1 day ago)

to Providers, Southwest, me

As you requested, we contacted the Hampton Inn Ellenton/Bradenton to request a refund for your reservation 712175678. Despite our efforts, the hotel has decided to enforce the current policy and is not allowing any refund. 

Southwest Hotels is happy to work on your behalf, but we are also subject to the terms the hotels have established and cannot override their decision. We sincerely regret that their response was not more favorable.