Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Denver Baggage Service / You Have My Laptop, How Can I Get It Back?

KevinTraveller
Explorer C

Hello, I left my laptop at Gate C31 in Denver on Monday evening, April 15.  I was told by the Santa Barbara baggage claim employee to contact a supervisor at Denver baggage claim office at 303-214-2332, as they have the laptop.  I opened a lost report, #2019049, and provided the description and serial number.  I have left several messages, can someone please contact me?  Thanks!  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Denver Baggage Service / You Have My Laptop, How Can I Get It Back?

bec102896
Aviator A

Filing the lost item report is your best bet patience is the next step I know your anxious to get your laptop back however it is possible they sent it to lost and found and that process does take time. You might also consider contacting Denver airport to see if it was turned into their lost and found as opposed to Southwest lost and found 

KevinTraveller
Explorer C

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post, I really appreciate it.  You were so right, patience pays off; I received an email yesterday saying my item was found - it will be arriving my home on Friday.  I can't be more pleased with the way Southwest supported me through this!

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@KevinTraveller wrote:

Hello, I left my laptop at Gate C31 in Denver on Monday evening, April 15.  I was told by the Santa Barbara baggage claim employee to contact a supervisor at Denver baggage claim office at, as they have the laptop.  I opened a lost report, and provided the description and serial number.  I have left several messages, can someone please contact me?  Thanks!  

Greetings:

Here's the link to the Southwest Baggage Claim Web Portal:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/lost-damaged-delayed-baggage

As you have a claim number, this would be your go-to place as this forum is customer-to-customer comprising of your fellow travelers who don't have the ability to review your claim. This will need to be resolved directly with airline staff.

If you left messages in this portal and received no reply, I would follow up by clicking on the "Need more assistance" button and contact Southwest Customer Service again. You can also try contacting DEN Lost and Found to see if it was turned in there:

https://www.flydenver.com/at-the-airport/services-and-amenities/lost-and-found/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page under "Contact Us" and call the posted number.

KevinTraveller
Explorer C

Thank you for taking the time to provide this information to me.  I was contacted yesterday that the item was found, and I will be reunited with it on Friday.  I have been so impressed with Southwest's procedure for lost items; I have been consistently updated as to their progress - and appreciate everyone who has been supportive!