Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Merida

Explorer C

This would be a great city to add…it is growing daily!!!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Merida

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@76885421 wrote:

This would be a great city to add…it is growing daily!!!

Hello!

If you haven't done so already, let Team Southwest know directly at:
https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html

It's likely your suggestion may not be processed via this customer-to-customer message board but the agents staffing the main contact form can.

By the way, since MID is in Mexico, it looks like Volaris has limited non-stop flights between Tijuana TIJ/CBX Border Crossing and MID throughout the week and multiple flights with a single connection daily. Another option from the USA would be to take a domestic Southwest Flight to SAN (I would plan to stay there overnight in case of delay or disruption).

The next morning, cross the border and go to TIJ airport and travel to MID via Volaris. This leg would be a Mexican domestic flight which would save you some good money. This also works going the other way. I would also contact Volaris and request some additional non-stop flights in between TIJ and MID.

Re: Merida

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:
The next morning, cross the border and go to TIJ airport and travel to MID via Volaris. This leg would be a Mexican domestic flight which would save you some good money. This also works going the other way. I would also contact Volaris and request some additional non-stop flights in between TIJ and MID.

I would clarify here that the Tijuana airport has a bridge to the US. So you can park in the US and cross the bridge for the flight rather than having to wait for hours in traffic to drive across the border. It's called Cross Border Xpress located at 2745 Otay Pacific Drive in San Diego, CA.  I believe there is a fee, but I thing it's worth it.

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest