Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Background check

Lserna
Explorer A

How will you be notified if your background check has cleared? Would you be notified via email or USPS mail? I received mail the other day from USPS but my dog chewed up letter up before I could open it and I’m worried that could have been an update for the background I called them and they could provide no assistance. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Background check

Lserna
Explorer A

Last update I received was a week ago stating my drug test and fingerprint clearance have been submitted and now I’m waiting to hear back about those two task as well as the background check. Last thing I did for background check was sign the acknowledgment form when being offered contingent offer from southwest. 

victorulloa
Adventurer C

Hi, 

I’m going through the same process as well. In my case, I just signed the application for the background check, but they haven’t sent anything for the drug test and fingerprints. How did they notify you for that? Email? 

Thank you, 

Victor

Lserna
Explorer A

Yes they will email you with the details for booking the appointments. You can knock them both out at once depending on where you go or you can set up two separate appointments for each. 

victorulloa
Adventurer C

Oh, okay. How long after your contingent offer did you wait until you get that email? 

Thank you so much for the quick response!!