Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Committed/registered partner

Jwar1942
Explorer C

Hello everyone,

I noticed under travel privileges it says committed/registered partner are included in free travel for employees. When it says committed does this include if they have been in a relationship for several years and live together? And if so what proof is needed. I know in the past registered meant same orientation couples. So just want clarification. Thank you 

Travel privileges

"Employees have free unlimited travel privileges for themselves and eligible dependents on Southwest Airlines. Eligible dependents include Spouse or Committed/Registered Partner, eligible Dependent Children under 19 years old (or up to 24 if a full-time student), and parents. And, with pass agreements with other airlines and discounts with rental car companies, hotels, theme parks, and more, Employees can choose their own adventure."
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Committed/registered partner

buyerkurt
Explorer C

To be eligible, the employee and domestic partner must meet all of the following criteria: (1) must be unmarried and in a committed relationship with each other; (2) must have resided together continuously for 12 consecutive months; (3) must have been each other's sole partner for at least 12 months in a relationship intended to be permanent; (4) must share the basic cost of food and shelter; (5) must not be related to each other; and (6) must be at least 18 years of age.

You do NOT have to be a same gender couple for these benefits at Southwest.  Here's my source:

http://www.unmarriedamerica.org/members/news/2000/dpnarch/dpnewsarchive-12012000-12062000.htm

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

You'll get that info for that while you're in class. They'll show you where to find the general info on the employee website. I'm in the same boat... engaged, but been together for years. To register them for flight benefits, it is a simple process. Don't worry. They will be taken care of. 😀 

Jwar1942
Explorer C

Thank you. Did they say when you started what document they need for proof? 

Sevenly7
Explorer C

Did you receive the information for this, if so can you share what the requirements were? Thank you in advance.