Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA Pilot Application

Steven_Moore
New Arrival

Good morning Southwest team!

I have a quick question regarding the status of a recent application.  Currently, under one of the more recent update requisition (1/19/2017), my status has changed from "Received Submission" to "Closed Complete."  Does this designator mean that this particular application is no longer under consideration?  I appreciate your time and consideration in answering my question. Have a great rest of the week!

P.S. When could applicants expect to see another open house in Dallas?

Sincerely,

Steven Moore

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SWA Pilot Application

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @Steven_Moore,

Welcome to Community, and thanks for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines! The change in status does mean that the particular application is not in consideration, as we refresh our Candidate Pool with each new posting. However, if you have applied to any of our more recent postings for the First Officer position, the latest being in April, then you are still in the running. 

In regards to an open house, keep your eye on Southwest’s Pilot Credentials page for any announcements! We hope to see you at the next open house or on campus for an interview sometime soon!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Chrisaggie98
New Arrival

Hi Kelby,

When the hiring window opens for First Officers is there an announcement in any other places other than pilot credentials?

Regards,

Chris C

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Chrisaggie98,

Thanks for your question, and for your interest in being a Pilot with us. You can also sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/southwest (on desktop) or by clicking here on a mobile device. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers