Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Scam phone call??

AOeser
Explorer C

I just received a phone call from 615-200-0273 with a woman with an Asian accent saying i was chosen to attend some Southwest Airlines event in downtown Nashville.  For attending, I would receive 8 Southwest tickets.  She then handed my call over to a man with an Asian accent as a "manager".  I figure this is a scam but wanted to come to Southwest and see what the community said.  

I told them I thought it was a scam and they hung up.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Scam phone call??

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Yes, this is a scam.

bec102896
Aviator A

I would report the scam to Southwest so they can investigate Contact Customer Relations 

-Blake

jksobonya
Aviator A

Bizarre. Definitely report this to Southwest. 

--Jessica

siumell
Explorer C

Hi, I just received a very similar phone call today. It's definitely a scam. How can I report it to Southwest?

leticiaperillo
Explorer C

Just received a similar call from 561-855-1395 about a Southwest Airlines event in Boca Raton (FL). This is 100% a scam. 

Scam phonecall from Arizona Number

JanetSki
Explorer C

Just received a phonecall from someone with a foreign accent inviting me to a Southwest open house in Scottsdale, Arizona, and wanted to give me 2 round-trip tickets. Sorry, nothing is free unless you win a contest! Started chatting with him because I am a SW member and live in Arizona AND Arizona is one of SW's hubs. But as soon as he wanted me to talk to a manager, I bailed on the call; it just did not feel right. Besides, as he was chatting I googled 'SW OPEN HOUSE SCAM' and found this forum. Call came from 602-680-8757 (AZ area code). 

Re: Scam phonecall from Arizona Number

alcalamariela
Explorer C

I received the same call - the number was similar - (602) 680-8765

Explorer C

Just received a similar call from a company called Travel Center located in Scottsdale AZ.  Phone number was 480-221-5305

Explorer C

Also received another call from Travel Center using phone number 480-221-5308