Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Restore evening flight from EUG-OAK

ktsloan6
Explorer C

There used to be an nonstop evening flight to Oakland from Eugene, OR. There still is a returning evening flight from OAK to EUG, but the only nonstop flight now is at 5 or 6 am. All the other flights  go through Denver or Las Vegas. The original  nonstop takes only an hour and a half, whereas those going through DEN or LAS take hours and hours! I would like to know why the evening flight from EUG was taken off the schedule, and respectfully request it be reinstated again. I am a senior, and getting to a flight at 5 or 6 in the morning is not really a viable option for me. I love SWA and don't want to have to fly another airline. Please bring back our evening flight to OAK! Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Restore evening flight from EUG-OAK

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@ktsloan6 wrote:

There used to be an nonstop evening flight to Oakland from Eugene, OR. There still is a returning evening flight from OAK to EUG, but the only nonstop flight now is at 5 or 6 am. All the other flights  go through Denver or Las Vegas. The original  nonstop takes only an hour and a half, whereas those going through DEN or LAS take hours and hours! I would like to know why the evening flight from EUG was taken off the schedule, and respectfully request it be reinstated again. I am a senior, and getting to a flight at 5 or 6 in the morning is not really a viable option for me. I love SWA and don't want to have to fly another airline. Please bring back our evening flight to OAK! Thank you.

Greetings!

We as fellow travelers understand your frustration. Note that Southwest's fleet comprises of Boeing 737's. Unfortunately, some issues related to Boeing this year (you may have heard some of the stories on the news including the Alaska Airlines door plug story) have delayed shipment of new SW Boeing planes that were to replace the fleets that were scheduled to be retired. I assume that all eyes are on Boeing now to ensure the newly manufactured planes are thoroughly checked before they get certified to go into operation; that is for everybody's saftey. As a result, that has led to some flights being suspended until the planes can be delivered to service the routes. I assume some flights along the OAK-EUG corridor have been affected too.

It doesn't hurt to let Southwest Customer Service know of your request so that they can consider reinstating the evening non-stop run once the supply chain issue of the 737's is resolved. As this message board is a customer-to-customer forum, your request may not be directly read or processed by the appropriate staff; I would email or send a DM request via Twitter/X:
https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

Hope this helps.

Re: Restore evening flight from EUG-OAK

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

hopefully 1 a day