I fly SWA 25 plus trips per year. I love the random seating proceedure. The system can be improved by adding an "A-Plus"
boarding group. Here's how it works.
1. Ask for 30 volunteer passengers, first from "A" boarding, then "B", then "C" until the quota of 30 is filled.
2. These 30 volunteers board immediately after the pre-boarders.
3. The 30 volunteers MUST AGREE to choose their seats from the AFT-MOST 8 ROWS OF SEATS (on each side) of the airplane.
4. The next boarding groups are "A", "B", "C' (same as it is now).
5. This gets 30 people on the back of the airplane and out of the way while the front of the airplane loads.
6. These 30 "A-Plus" boarders will have about 48 seats to choose from. They need not sit in a center seat unless they are
traveling as a family or other group. "Group" travelers may be the first to volunteer because they get to sit together.
7. After the "A Plus" boarding system has been in place for a few months, there will be no shortage of volunteers because
of the speeded-up boarding process and the fact that participants will soon learn that the back of the airplane gets to the
gate very shortly after the front of the airplane.
8. Try it, You'll Like It.
... View more