CONTEST ALERT: High Five Your City!
CONTEST ALERT: High Five Your City!
Everyone has a special affinity for the city they call home. As a Dallasite, I’ve spent years uncovering hidden hot spots that make my city a true Texas gem!
If you can’t find me running (er, glamorous speed-walking) on the Katy Trail, browsing the outdoor library at Klyde Warren Park, or jamming to some jazz at a late night in the Dallas Museum of Art, you’ll find me wherever there is great food and conversation.
One way to enjoy both and truly see Dallas, is from the sky! My favorite bird’s eye view of the city is from the rotating dining room in Reunion Tower, also known as Five Sixty, named for its elevation, 560 ft. from the ground. And as an inveterate “foodie”, I love to eat my way through downtown at the Farmers Market with delicious free samples! Another great place to enjoy a bite is at the Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens. As old as the 1930s, this 66-acre garden is the perfect place to relax with an afternoon picnic lunch.
Finally, for those who LUV to travel as much as I do, a winning Dallas destination is out on the back patio of Amsterdam Bar in Exposition Park. Here, travelers gather from all over the world to meet and exchange stories of their travel adventures.
I’m happy to give my city a “High Five” for it’s amazing hot spots! But enough about Dallas! We want to hear about YOUR city in celebration of Southwest’s five city openings in Portland Maine; Rochester, New York, Charlotte, North Carolina; Flint, Michigan; and San Juan, Puerto Rico!
Here’s how to give your city a High Five and enter to win this contest:
1) Submissions must be tweeted to @SouthwestAir with the #High5YourCity hashtag.
2) Users can create photos, videos, blog posts; whatever means necessary!
3) Keep it clean when you're showing us your scene! Nothing obscene or in poor taste will be considered.
Deadline: Sunday, April 14
Five Grand Prizes: Two Roundtrip Southwest Airlines Plane Tickets
Southwest Airlines High Five Your City Twitter Contest
1. To Enter: No purchase or obligation necessary. Contest runs from April 8, 8:00 a.m., C.T. – April 14, 2013 11:59 p.m., CT (“Contest Period”). To enter, you must have a Twitter account by 3:00 p.m., C.T. April 14, 2013, and tweet us about your city using any combination of photos and videos; all tweets must mention @SouthwestAir using the hashtag #High5YourCity during the Contest Period. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Southwest. Southwest Airlines’ computer is the official time keeping device for the contest. Southwest is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, or other technological glitches.
By entering, Entrant grants Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, freely transferable license to use the video for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised. Entries may not violate any third party rights nor use any third-party intellectual property such as logos, music, or background signs. Entrants acknowledge and agree that their entry does not violate any rights of privacy or publicity and that they have the written permission of those appearing in their video to submit their image. Entries must not disparage; contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, or vulgar; or promote bigotry, racism, hatred or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation.
Entries are limited to one (1) per person. Sponsor is under no obligation to post any entry.
2. Eligibility: Contest open to all legal US residents, 21 years and older with a Twitter account by 3:00p.m.. C.T. April 14, 2013. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees and directors of Southwest Airlines, AirTran Airways, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households are ineligible to participate or win.
The promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
3. Judging & Prizes: The videos will be judged and the winners selected by a Southwest Airlines panel of judges from the Communications Department on or about April 17, 2013.
The judges will be judging on the following qualities:
• Creativity and Originality: 20%
• Entertaining: 25%
• Southwest Appeal: 35% Entry should reflect our Culture and Fun-LUVing Attitude
• Rules: 20% Read and complied with the Official Rules
All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded.
4. Prize: Five (5) Grand Prizes will consist of two (2) roundtrip airline tickets on Southwest Airlines to/from the closest major airport to winner's residence served by Southwest Airlines on published, scheduled service (subject to Southwest Airlines’ terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply). No substitutions, cash equivalents or transfers of a Grand Prize permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner and guest, if any, must travel on dates and times specified by Sponsor. Exact travel dates are at the discretion of Sponsor. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Tickets will expire May 1, 2014 and the expiration date will not be extended. Tickets will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each Grand Prize is approximately $800.00.
5. To Claim Prize: Potential Winners only will be notified by Direct Message via Twitter, and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, which must be returned within seven (7) days after prize notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize notification letter is returned undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Grand Prize winner’s guest, or if minor(s) their parent(s)/legal guardian(s), must execute Liability Releases, and where legal, Publicity Releases prior to the issuance of travel documents. Unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any media without additional compensation.
6. Limitation of Liability: Neither Sponsor, nor their affiliated entities, are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent, entries or mail; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Contest if fraud or technical failure compromise the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest offer is being made exclusively by Sponsor.
Sponsor not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in this promotion.
7. Winners List: To request a Winners’ Name List, send a self addressed stamped return envelope, after April 18, 2013, to:
Southwest Airlines Emerging Media Dept.
2502 Love Field Drive
Dallas, TX 75235
All requests must be received by May 16, 2013. Utah and Washington residents may omit return postage.
8. Sponsor: Southwest Airlines Co. 2702 Love Field Drive, HDQ ____, Dallas, Texas 75235
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.